History of the Monor Jewry
The following is taken from the Hungarian Jewish Lexicon, published in 1929.
The Monor Community was formed in 1862, but Jews settled there as early as 1845, including Mór Lõwi and Antal Feuermann, the Head of the Community. At the time of its founding the Community was under the Rabbinate of Pécel, then later, in 1885 became an independent Registry and now includes the Districts of Monor and Gyömrõ, as well as Kispest and Pestszentlõrinc. The following Communities belong under Monor in twenties: Vecsés, Gyömrõ, Tápiósüly, Tápiósáp, Maglód, Üllõ, Mende, Gomba......
Click here for more information »